The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It is cold, rainy and miserable here! It rained the majority of last week, it was sunny and beautiful on Sunday and now we're back to rain. I had to turn my heat on yesterday! I am so bummed. I wanted to stay in bed today but I had to make myself get up and work out because I think I'm going to fire my trainer after this week...I gotta motivate myself.

So...tonight I am going to the 2005 17th Street High Heel Race. In a nut shell it is a costume party/parade/race in the streets of the Dupont Circle area of Washington, D.C. - better known as the gay community, or FUN! It's been a tradition since about 1981 and is a way to kick off Halloween week. Think drag queens, think elaborate costumes, think 3 foot pink bouffant wigs mixed with alcohol. It doesn't get any better. The only problem is that it seems like it's cold and rainy on this day every year but it's a good time, everyone gets involved and it's so damned funny. Hopefully, if it's not too cold and rainy tonight I will be there and I will get lots of great pic's to show everyone tomorrow...Be prepared! Until then, here are some pic's from last year's race:

http://www.metroweekly.com/scene/index.php?k=257

http://www.boldnewlook.com/screamsuite.html

6 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM, October 25, 2005, Blogger peachy said…

    Awesome! Have a great time, and bundle up. I think I'll be turning on my heat either tonight or tomorrow. I hate to do it, though.

     
  • At 3:55 PM, October 25, 2005, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Peachy - it hurt to turn the heat on, it really did! First because that is admitting that it's getting cold out and second because gas is so damned expensive I want to try and save as long as I can!!

     
  • At 5:28 PM, October 25, 2005, Blogger wopanese said…

    so, ya gonna whip out some heels and compete? Or do ya have to be gay to play?

     
  • At 5:28 PM, October 25, 2005, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Another fun night planned! I wish I lived near you then I could BEG to come along with you! (not in a creepy sort of way though)

     
  • At 10:14 AM, October 26, 2005, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Wop - I don't think I'm manly, pretty or gay enough to participate but I will be taking pictures and freezing my buns off.

    OGO - If you were closer I would for sure take you along - no begging necessary!

    Storm - that actually does make me feel a tad better ;O)

     
  • At 12:37 PM, October 26, 2005, Blogger (S)wine said…

    fark! i was in Bethesda. why didn't you tell me about this sooner?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home