The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Monday, October 24, 2005

blah...blah...

So, the U2 concert was good. Not great, just good. I was right. Bono is waaayy to preachy! At one point I was just like okay dude, less talky, more singy! He even went so far as to put up the 800 number for the One campaign for everyone to call...That was annoying. They didn't play a lot of the songs I would have liked to hear. All in all it was a good time. I can't say I didn't have fun but I was a little disappointed that I wasn't completely blown away.

In other news, I am getting the casa all put together for the big annual Halloween Party!! I can't wait. The Sweet One and I are getting it all "scary" and party proofed. It's really funny because this year a couple that we're friends with decided they were going to have a Halloween party too, which is all fine and good but we have one every year and have a large group that comes to ours. I usually just send out the good old evite. Well this year I got a hard invitation in the mail from this other couple! I didn't care that much because it's an honest mistake (so I thought) - two friends have a party then some of your common friends have to decide which party to go to or stop by both, no big deal right? It would have seemed innocent until I ran into one of the common friends at happy hour on Friday and they told me that the female of the couple specifically said "i better hurry up and send out invitations out before the Funky Bee sends hers out"!!! Can you believe that little...it's okay. Everyone has already responded that they will be at my party, and let's be honest here...mine will be WAY more fun (I'm not bitter, I'm not!).

This weekend was busy as usual but fabulous. The Redskins kicked the 49ers ASSES with a 52 - 17 point win. It was a great game to be at.



Also, I bought these shoes last week...hot huh?



realized that I couldn't make more than a lap around the house without my feet hurting and feeling like I was going to literally fall over, so I went out and bought these instead...



they are a little more practical, they feel good, they are dead sexy and they aren't pink so I can wear them with and without a lot more...

And on the complete other end of the spectrum, I bought these too!


I love them. It says that they are insulated and warm inside when it's 25 degrees below zero!! They will come in handy during the latter part of football season and if, god forbid, it snows around here at some point. Gotta shovel the walk in style you know! Anyway, that's all the blabbering I'll do for now. Hope everyone had a great weekend and is getting through Monday okay!

8 Comments:

  • At 3:06 PM, October 24, 2005, Blogger peachy said…

    Awesome snow boots! I like shoveling now that I have cool boots and Carhartts. YAY!

    Sorry about the U2 concert not being so fun, and I'm happy for you and the Redskins this week. I wish the Ravens won.

     
  • At 3:34 PM, October 24, 2005, Blogger Oh great One said…

    Those are some fine shoes lady! I think I need some "Come do me heels" too. I might look a little silly vacuuming and changing diapers in them though. *sigh*

     
  • At 3:54 PM, October 24, 2005, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    Opaco - oohh, that was a tough one for the missus! Believe me, I feel her pain! It feels like just yesterday, wait a minute, it was just yesterday when the Redskins sucked ass so I can't feel too bad for her...sorry!

    Steph - I wish you were closer b/c you would for sure be invited to the bash! I would LOVE to see your boobie exposing costume in person!

    Peachy - sorry about your Ravens! How is the iPod downloading coming along?

    OGO - You can do ANYTHING in "come do me" heals...it just might result in more diapers needing to be changed if you know what I mean...

     
  • At 5:33 PM, October 24, 2005, Blogger ago-go said…

    i fail to see how the second pair of shoes is more comfortable... :o)

    and bono is a pain in the ass, self-righteous midget.

     
  • At 7:40 PM, October 24, 2005, Blogger The Funky Bee said…

    ago-go: surprisingly the pink shoes were instantly painful. The black one's are semi comfy...at least the first 6 hours were, I don't think they can hold up for another long day of work unless I break them in a little more!

    And Bono is SUCH a shrimp! I never realized how little he is. I could take him!

     
  • At 9:05 PM, October 24, 2005, Blogger Monalicious said…

    Yep, love the shoes and also am not a U2 fan, but at least you had some fun!

     
  • At 12:05 PM, October 25, 2005, Blogger Calvin said…

    wow.. good times eh.. nice shoes.. nice BIG win too! :-)

    quite a few people have told me that U2 are good in concert, but not really great.. me, give me a Tool concert anyday!!

     
  • At 12:38 PM, October 26, 2005, Blogger (S)wine said…

    right on, Skins.
    re the shoes: are they Manolos?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home