The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

So I got up this morning and rolled my limp, lifeless body onto the hard wood floor, just hoping that my sore legs would gain some strength to move in time for me to land on my feet. But no, it wasn't happening. Okay, I didn't really roll onto the floor, my legs worked but getting up was hard and slow. However, I did get up and go walking. I wanted to ride my bike through the 7am humidity haze instead of walk, believe me, but one of my tires needed air and I just didn't have the brain power for that this morning. So, I went on a nice power walk. Not the kind of power walk where those weirdo's swing their arms and their hips really quickly, I mean just enough to work up a sweat, which obviously isn't that hard for me.

So, I decided I would haul ass over to the little market in my neighborhood and buy a paper. I wanted to read a story on a local radio dj's wife who died in a car accident this past weekend. It is a very sad story and quite honestly I can't stop thinking about it. BUT, the store wasn't open yet. It's funny what you see when roaming your hood in the early hours of a summer day. Crazy people running. Landscapers trying to unload or dig or do whatever it is they are there to do before it is scorching out. Mom's trying to get those baby fat pounds off by power strolling their brats around (I know that is totally gonna be me one day just because of the mere fact that I'm making fun of them), and the trash men...UUgghh! I was competing with the damn smelly truck for over a block! I had the bad luck of turning the corner and running smack dab into the trash route. At one point I wanted to just help the damn trash guy and dump a few cans for him so that they would speed it up and get the hell out of my way. The smell was killing me and every time I would pass them they would collect all of the walkable garbage, start back up and catch up again! FINALLY I turned the corner to fresh air only to almost get run over by some speedy jerk. I never understood people that rushed to get to work. I mean who cares? I'm late to work just about every day and I love it, but I guess that's just me. I also have a tv on my desk and wear flip flops to work so you can imagine how "strict" the atmosphere is in my office.

Anyway, I'm starting to bore myself so I can imagine if anyone were reading this how amused they would be. Plus I need to get to bed so I can get up for training day #2...Oh LORD the last time I went to bed this early I was in the 9th grade! I hope I can fall asleep. zzzzzzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home