The Funky Bee

My own personal blah, blah, blah...

Friday, July 08, 2005

So, I'm no longer a virgin in the world of blogging. I currently update a couple of blogs but they are pretty much for other people or about other things/groups. This one is gonna be all about ME! And before your like, oh my god, this girl is so into herself, haaang on. You have it all wrong. We all need an outlet right? And this will be mine for now. Even if I am just spewing into cyberspace and no one ever reads about my boring life this will just be my own random blah, blah, blah as I like to call it.

So, here are my ramblings for today. Personal trainers...do we love them or hate them? I'm about to find out first hand. I've decided, well, my mom had decided that this would be a great solution to my obesity problems. Now the "problem" is that I am not obese in any way BUT you have to understand my mother. She and my step dad have been health nuts for quite some time now - I'm talking since before the Jane Fonda days. So, anyone not as trim and fit as them has got to have a problem right? My parents have done it all, South Beach diet, no carbs, the zone, etc, and they don't even need to! My brother and I used to tease them that when they became grandparents they would be giving our kids rice cakes while all of the other grandkids were going to grandma and grandpa's for ice cream and candy...

It's been a problem since I was young. I guess I can recall most vividly around when I was in highschool. I remember going to Jenny Craig with my mom and the consultant or whatever they are called told me that I would have to get a note from my doctor in order to participate in their program because I was at an ideal weight and really shouldn't be trying to lose any. I don't ever remember feeling like I was skinny. As a matter of fact I have always felt as thought I was fat. I know, I know I am sounding like an abused, bulimic girly girl but I am not, I don't think. I'm not denying any mental problems but I like food too much to throw it up after eating it...and the same goes for starving myself. It's just not going to happen. But when I look back at pictures, especially in a bathing suit I am like, whoa, I was tiny! To put this all into perspective, I was voted best body in high school (which totally embarrassed me - is that normal?)...Yikes!

Okay, so things change. Hormones take over, you learn how to cook (pretty well if I do say so myself) and those late nights of drinking until 3am in college and then going to the diner or getting chili and cheese nachos at 7-11 on your way home from the bars finally catch up to you. Okay so I still drink until after 3am sometimes and just might happen to end up at the diner, but it's not as often, my recovery time just isn't the same these days. So, I've decided that it's time to get healthy. I think I could stand to lose about 30 pounds. Those that know me might argue that is too much but we'll just see how well I do with the trainer...I'm only 5'2" and pretty small for the most part. But, I am of Latin descent and have what some might call a JLo booty and some pretty large hoo ha's. I still wear a bikini to the beach and wouldn't be confused as something that has washed up on shore but I would like to look REALLY good in my suit, you know?

So, I am starting with a trainer on Monday at 6am. Her name is April and she took a while to get back to me because she is "training for a fitness competition". Ummm, I could be getting myself in too deep. Did you know that trainers get paid about $70+ an hour/session to come to your house? Man I went into the wrong field! I could be skinny, toned and making bank by now if I didn't like to eat and hate to exercise...ha ha. Well, this should be interesting. I may not be able to type next time I update but come back and check on me. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home